Churning out the “balanced programme” week in, week out can be a strain on the little grey cells. There is a lot of information out there and as we find useful sites we will list them here.
However, the most significant site at present is the Activities part of OSM, not only because there are literally thousands of activities to choose from, but because they are linked in to OSM and update the badge requirements and completion for you.
Some specific items are held on this web site and are listed at the bottom of this page, everything else on this page are links to other Scouting sites.
- Parbrook Cubs resources page (duplicates a lot of this)
- Programmes online: the programme resource from Scout HQ (login required)
- Scouting Resources: a wide range of information from Barking & Dagenham Scouts
- Best of Guiding: from camp fire songs to how to fold a flag and much more
- 15th Cheltenham: wide ranging downloads index
- Backwoods cooking: Scouting magazine booklet
- Badges: 33rd Oxford: activity badge resources page
- Camp fire songs – a subject in it’s own right and so has a dedicated page.
- Crafts: Instructables
- Knots: Animated
- Jungle book: names
- Leader training online resources: module matrix (overview) modules (detail)
- Origami: tammyyee.com, papertoys
- Wordsearch: Printables4kids, Discovery Education Puzzlemaker
Ask for help
If you want to see what others have done you can use the uk.rec.scouting group to tap into leaders from across the country.