A Cub Pack is for young people aged between 8 and 10½. Packs are organised into groups called Sixes, each of about 6 young people led by a Sixer who is one of the Cubs. The leaders of a cub pack use names in Scouting taken from the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.
2nd Bracknell has two Cub packs:
- Stags which meets on Tuesday nights at the Scout hut between 18:30 and 20:00. Stags is run by a Team consisting of Hathi (Patrick Doherty), Bagheera (Euan Murray) and Won_Tolla (Andrew Moss), you can email us at Cub.Leaders@2ndBracknell.org.uk.
- Wolves which meets on Thursday nights at the Scout hut between 18:30 and 20:00. Wolves is run by Mang (Neil Coles), you can email him at Cub.Leaders@2ndBracknell.org.uk.
You can get in touch with all the Cub leaders at Cub.Leaders@2ndBracknell.org.uk.
Cubs make a Promise, help others, play games, go on outings and visits, go camping, learn about the outdoors, gain badges and create things.
- Coats & Shoes – Please always bring a a coat and suitable shoes for going out to the park in. As Cubs we will still go out in the rain and dark.
- All activities will start from the Scout Hut unless it is explicitly stated that we will be meeting somewhere else. This includes external trips such as camping trips, narrow boats etc……
- We always meet in Cub uniform for all activities and trips again unless specifically told that we are not.
- Cub uniform is a blue 2nd Bracknell T-shirt (available at the hut for £6) or Cub T-Shirt, Cub Jumper, Scarf and woggle. Suitable trousers or shorts.
- If you are not attending cubs on any night please email us at Cub.email@example.com so we so not wait for for people not attending. It also helps us know if we have enough adults. We also have a long waiting list for cubs to join our group so please let us know if you no longer want to attend cubs.
- The program is on the 2nd Bracknell website http://www.2ndbracknell.org.uk/cubs/ . This should give you an idea about what we are doing. But again this is subject to change at short notice so please see point 1) above.
- When dropping off your children please check with a leader before leaving as there are safety issues and also we may need some adult help as cubs have ratios that must be met inside and out.
- Please update OSM www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk/parents/ with your contact details etc… and make sure they are kept up to date. This is a vital resource for us in an emergency. If you do not know how to do this or have issues please let us know.